Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Email is Down


My email is updating from what feels like the dawn of time, so, I'm sitting at work waiting on this machine to wrap it up so I can work. In the meantime, I've been reading blogs of my friends. I guess if I'm going to write them, I should actually read some, too.I started with Mike Vandemark's. His blog looks way cooler than mine, and is interesting to read. Bonus! If you haven't checked it out, I think it would be worth your time.
As for me, I'm glad to be at work. I like it here in my little office. I have the best neighbor who resides in what she calls her "cloffice" because it was formerly a closet! Yes, she's a riot and regularly puts a smile on my face. She just stopped in to tell me about a leech that resides in your nose...there's something we all want to think about for a while!
In all seriousness, one of the best things about this place is that we have random conversations (see above) and real conversations. There is a culture of honesty on our team that continues to develop in a healthy and beneficial way.
On my Myers-Briggs profile, I am a "thinker" rather than a "feeler". It doesn't mean I don't care how you feel, it just means I tend to make decisions based on my head first rather than following my heart. Truth is a big deal to me - at times, even a bigger deal then how it will make you feel to know the truth. Sounds a little harsh, huh? I take great comfort in the fact that these profiles are preferences only, meaning that sometimes I do make decisions with my heart and care about feelings more than the disclosure of truth. I have to be really deliberate, especially in a work setting, about being people focused and not just task focused. I'm growing in this area for sure.
What are you like in your opinion? A head decision maker or a heart decision maker? Telling someone the truth no matter what the cost or preserving the relationship even at the risk of not sharing direct truth? Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment